ĆOFI FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ĆOFI FORUM

Raspravljajte o svemu.O svim oblastima(školi,sportu,kompjuerima ka i temama iz svakodnevnog života.

PrijemPortalliTražiLatest imagesRegistruj sePristupi

tiffany rings harmless

Ići dole 
AutorPoruka
jessy123

Broj poruka : 5
Datum upisa : 22.03.2011

tiffany rings harmless Empty
PočaljiNaslov: tiffany rings harmless   tiffany rings harmless Icon_minitimeČet Mar 24, 2011 4:18 am

tiffany rings harmless
cut him down to size, Jonson has him make his accusations to a puppet. As Quarlous says: "I know no fitter match than a puppet to commit with an hypocrite!"Ibid., V.v. 4344. Other editions, including Waith, Butler, and Jamieson, attribute this line to Grace, but that would make no difference to the point I am making. Busy exchanges arguments with the Puppet Diony sius, building up to his chief charge against the theater: "my main argument against you is that you are an abomination; for the male among you putteth on the apparel of the female, and the female of the male."Ibid., V.v.8688. This accusation tiffany necklaces proves to be Busy's downfall, for tiffany outlet the puppet has an easy answer to it: "It is your old stale argument against the players, tiffany cuff link but it will not hold against the puppets, for we have neither male nor female amongst ws."Ibid., V.v.9092. Pulling up his garment, the Puppet Dionysius reveals that he has no sexual organs whatsoever and thus cannot be accused of crossdressing. As is only appropriate, the Puritan Busy is defeated by his own literalism.See Slights, Art of Secrecy, tiffany bracelets p. 161. Unable to distinguish illusion from reality, he has all along refused to acknowledge that the theater is tiffany rings harmless because it is a makebelieve world.See Barish, Prose Comedy, p. 237 and Maus, Roman Frame, p. 154. Leatherhead had already allayed Cokes's concern that the puppets might be hurting each other: "Between you and I, sir, we do but make show."Bartholomeuy Fair, V.iv.260. The Puppet Dionysius finally forces Busy to face the facts; his opposition to the theater suddenly collapses and he tiffany pendants is willing to join the ranks of the audience: "Let it go on, for I am changed, and will become a beholder with you!"Ibid.But even after Busy gets his comeuppance, Jonson has one more enemy of the theater to expose and defeat. Busy represents the religious opposition to the theater; Overdo represents the political,See Barish, Prose Comedy, pp. 20910. and as Busy falls, the Justice rises to pronounce sentence on the puppet show as a prime example of "enormity" at the fair.Bartholomew Fair, V.v.112. Throughout the play, Overdo has been suspicious of any kind of artistic activity, especially of poetry. See Butler, Selected Plays, p. 531, and Sanders, Theatrical Republics, pp. 9798. Although he mistakenly thinks Edgworth is an honest young man, he is troubled by the fact that he associates with the balladsinger Nightingale: "I begin shrewdly to suspect their familiarity; and the young man
Nazad na vrh Ići dole

tiffany rings harmless
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1