ĆOFI FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ĆOFI FORUM

Raspravljajte o svemu.O svim oblastima(školi,sportu,kompjuerima ka i temama iz svakodnevnog života.

PrijemPortalliTražiLatest imagesRegistruj sePristupi

tiffany cuff link who

Ići dole 
AutorPoruka
jessy123

Broj poruka : 5
Datum upisa : 22.03.2011

tiffany cuff link who Empty
PočaljiNaslov: tiffany cuff link who   tiffany cuff link who Icon_minitimeČet Mar 24, 2011 4:19 am

tiffany cuff link who
of tiffany outlet a terrible taint, poetry! With which idle disease, if he be infected, there's no hope of him in a statecourse."Bartholomew Fair, III.v.47.Obsessed with his narrow conception of justice, Overdo always allows political considerations to override artistic, and hence there is no room for poetry in his life.See Slights, Art of Secrecy, p. 150. The only poem he claims to like is Nightingale's "A Caveat against cutpurses," because it seems to aid Overdo's investigation into criminality at the fair: "It doth discover enormity, I'll mark it more; I ha' tiffany necklaces not liked a paltry piece of poetry so well a good while." Bartholomew Fair, III.v.11011. Ironically, although Overdo thinks that Nightingale's ballad is a genuine warning against cutpurses, it is in fact part of Edgworth's plan to tiffany pendants distract Cokes while his purse is stolen. Even more ironically, earlier in the play it is Overdo's own moralistic sermon against tiffany bracelets alcohol and tobacco that provides the diversion Edgworth needs to steal Cokes's purse. See Gibbons, City Comedy, p. 183 and Slights, Art of Secrecy,
Overdo will accept poetry only when it serves a simple moral purpose. Hence he despises the commercial theater and attacks Leatherhead as a "profane professor of puppetry, little better than poetry."?9Bartholomeiv Fair, V.vi.39. Fortunately for the theater, just as Overdo is about to pass judgment on it, he discovers that the puppeteers are mixed up with the prostitutes at the fair and his own wife is among the prostitutes. Finally recognizing the folly of his position, Overdo is reconciled to the theater and even invites the actors to his home for supper with his last words in the play.Ibid., V.vi.10608.Jonson's suspicion of religious and political authority in Bartholomew Fair ultimately seems to be rooted in their common hostility to poetry and drama. He is skeptical of anyone tiffany cuff link who sets himself up to "give the law to all the poets."Ibid., I.i.35. And he seems to have realized that hostility to poetry and hostility to the marketplace go hand in hand, for the two realms cater to ordinary human desires, and indeed the theater is only a special case of the marketplace.Overdo's reconciliation with the theater world seems tiffany rings to reflect Jonson's own. In some respects, Overdo may be a satiric self portrait on Jonson's part.See Riggs, Jonson, p. 207 and Barish, Prose Comedy, pp. 21213. Like his creator, Overdo is fond of showing off his learning and quoting Latin, especially classical poets such as Hora
Nazad na vrh Ići dole

tiffany cuff link who
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1